Bravo Filipino | Metro Mayors to Meet on possible Alert Level 1 Status for NCR | There will be a meeting of the mayors of the National Capital Region (NCR) to discuss the possibility of going to Alert Level 1.
An official from the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) said on Monday that the Metro Manila Council (MMC) will explore the potential of shifting to the most relaxed Alert Level 1 in the region.
When asked about the topic during a Laging Handa briefing, the MMDA’s general manager Romando Artes said the MMC, which includes all 17 mayors of NCR, will meet Tuesday night to discuss the current risk classification for coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19), health care utilization rates, and the steady decline in cases.
“The mayors will decide based on the data we receive every day from the DOH, the IATF, and the NTF (National Task Force Against Covid-19),” Artes explained.
According to the director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the number of people who have been vaccinated before they consider a shift to Alert Level 1 has already passed.
Those with comorbidities and senior citizens who need to be vaccinated are still being sought out by Artes in the NCR, and the booster shots are still being administered as we are slightly below our target.
On top of that, the MMDA has been trying to clear ‘Mabuhay Lanes’ (alternative lanes) in NCR and is considering the prospect of expanding the present Unified Vehicular Reduction Program (UVVRP) or number coding scheme beyond the current timeline, he said.
The time frame of 5 to 8 p.m. on Monday through Friday is the only time that I’m able to work.” On the other hand, if you need us, we’re here from 5 to 8 p.m., Monday through Friday, except on public holidays. We’ll see if it’s actually essential (Artes said).
The number of daily Covid-19 cases in the NCR and the rest of the country has been steadily decreasing.
While current measures show that Alert Level 1 will return “nearly everything” to normal, Covid-19 and its virus are still present, the DOH Undersecretary and treatment czar Leopoldo Vega stated earlier that the IATF will consider a transition by the end of February. (PNA)