BravoFilipino.com | Local Home Extensions A Brief Guide | Home extensions become necessary whenever there is an addition to the family. They are also important when the house gets too old and you need some freshness or when you want to add more functionality to your house. If you want an additional space in the house it is always best to go for home extensions. Because it is a very cost-effective solution, and also gives you a chance to continue staying in a neighborhood which you are accustomed to and may have also started to love.
When you think of local home extensions then there comes the obvious consideration of budget, what to renovate, how to renovate, what are the present or less to be solved and a lot more. If you compare home extension to shifting into a new house or building a new house, a Local home extension will sound much more cost effective solution. With some planning you can actually save lot of money and get a bigger and beautiful house. Here are few things to consider when going for a home extension.
Factors to Consider When Going For Local Home Extension
When one would decide to go ahead with a local home extension, there are a few aspect one should take into consideration, the factors are:
- The size of the home
- The type of home
- Local buildings council regulations
- The weather of one ‘s area
- The budget
Types of home extension:
there are different types of home extensions that one opt for to increase the living space are mentioned below :
- Adding A Storey To an Already Existing Home: People living in big cities which are congested ones, have limited scope to extend their homes outward, so they start to add a storey to their existing homes. It allows more natural light to come in, get more air to breathe, and also get views that were not available till then. This kind of local home extension also adds value to it.
- Extending Outwards – People who have access to generously sized homes can opt for an outward local home extension. Prior to going for this kind of extension, one should check with the local building regulations, regarding rules for an extension. This is less disruptive and costs lesser than adding a storey. In this type of extension, an open, dining area, living room, or kitchen is usually accommodated, which is preferred by many people. People belonging to regions who are lucky to have a temperate climate can use these open spaces to enjoy their time and relax. They can also plan a beautiful garden outside their house.
- Going for An Up And Under Extension: This a type of local home extension, where the whole building is lifted along with the home to provide more space, literally doubling up the usable area yet not losing into your outdoor area. This kind of home extension is very suitable for heritage properties where the renovations and additions can be done without affecting the façade. To bring about a fabulous home extension outcome, one needs to be flexible and should go into it with a careful planning and estimates.
When going for a renovation or local home extension, one needs to consider some of the obvious factors that contribute to costs like the size of the home, the quality of materials one intends to use, the cost to be borne for red tape, the appliances, and fittings used in rooms and kitchens. One may need to seek professional advice like a surveyor or engineer, to ensure that the entire project completes within time and everything is done smoothly.