BravoFilipino.com | Types of Plaster Products A Company Should Offer | Are you tired of seeing your ordinary wall paint? Do you want something unique and different for your house? An attractive faux plaster finish could fulfill that desire. A faux plaster painting incorporates decorative finish, which simulates the looks of materials, like stone, wood, or marble. A beautiful fake plaster finish would make the wall surfaces stand out or glisten. There are many types of quality plaster products and finishes to suit your house such as sandstone plaster, metallic plaster, Tivoli plaster and Venetian plaster. Some other plasters are also available in the market, which a company must offer, such as:
Plaster Based on Material
Gypsum Plaster: This plastering material is widely used and is popular among the customers as well. It can be used as finish coat or basecoat. Manufacturers use gypsum in a wide variety of plaster products such as thistle board finish and thistle hardwall. The main advantage of gypsum plaster is that it works well for exterior and interior applications. It is preferred by customers as hardwall plaster and board finish plaster to cover drywall. It is also used widely to cover plasterboard in ceilings and interior walls.
- ime Plaster: It is a potent mixture of lime and sand in the ratio of 3:1 according to volume. This plaster is used extensively for both finishing coat and basecoat. If it is used as basecoat or undercoat, you need to incorporate another layer of multiple-finish plaster on top in order to create quality smooth surface.
- Cement Plaster: It is used widely as a strong undercoat to create hard background surface on block layers or brick. It can be easily applied manually. Moreover, it can also be applied in the form of spray finish plaster with the help of a plastering machine. Plasticizer is also integrated into cement plaster to make spreading easier. It is among the most popular plaster products in the marketplace.
- Stucco Plaster: Stucco is actually the name given to ornamental type of plaster that provides an excellent smooth finish. It can be used both for interior and exterior surfaces. Usually, it is laid in 3 coats making the total thickness of about 24mm. The first coat is known as scratch coat, while the second coat is referred to as brown or fine coat. The third coat is known as finishing coat or white coat.
- Mud Plaster: Generally, this type of plaster is applied in 2 coats. The first coat measures around 20mm thick, whereas the overall thickness of second coat is 6mm.
Types of Finishing
Some of the finishing’s, which are considered to be long-lasting, and appear attractive, include.
- Smooth Cast: It is a fabulous finish that presents smooth and levelled surface. The mortar is prepared by mixing fine sand and cement in the ratio of 3:1. The finishing looks beautiful on the walls, providing a smooth and shiny look.
- Rough Cast: It is a finish, wherein the mortar for final coat includes a proportion of large size coarse aggregates. The mortar for final finishing is prepared by mixing coarse aggregate, fine sand and cement in the ratio of 3:1/2:1. It is among the most preferred plaster products because it provides added durability and style.
- Pebble Dash: It is a finish, wherein crushed stones or small pebbles of appropriate size are applied on to a finish coat of plaster. Then, the finish is left exposed for some time so that it gets dry and stick to the walls.
These are some of the splendid plaster products and finishes which are quite prevalent in the market and customers.